[R] Problem with running installed package on Windows

James Ferguson jcf at uvic.ca
Wed Jan 16 00:46:43 CET 2008

Hello,

I have installed the package clim.pact in R on both Mac OS X and Windows
XP.  Everything works fine on the Mac but in Windows, I have a problem
when I try to execute some simple commands.  I get this error:

Error in gzfile(file, "wb") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "wb") :
  cannot open compressed file
'data/eof_dnmi+_slp_90W60E-30N80N_Jan_mon.Rdata'

It happens, for example, when I type in the commands "data(DNMI.slp)"
followed by "eof.1 <- EOF(DNMI.slp,mon=1)" but the problem is only in
Windows.

Does anyone have any advice for me?  I installed the package simply
through the software R using the drop down menus (i.e. I did NOT download
a .zip file first).

Thanks in advance for your help,
James Ferguson, University of Victoria
jcf "at" uvic "dot" ca