[R] logistic model simulation

Wang Yi wangyi at mail.tea.ac.cn
Tue Jan 15 19:06:35 CET 2008

Hi all,

  I am using GLM (logistic model) to study the rainfall occurrence. Here is my glm
model, an example to interpret:

glm(formula = y ~ x , family = binomial(link = "logit"))

y -- rainfall occurrence (0 or 1) at a given day in a year
x -- previous rainfall occurrence

After fitting the model, I am hoping to perform the simulation (e.g. run 1000 times)
based on the previous rainfall occurrence (e.g. January 1) to generate the following
sequences of wet and dry days but I don't know how to realize it in R. Does it need a
a random number binomially distributed ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated in advance!

Best wishes

--
  Wang Yi
  START Regional Center for Temperate East Asia(TEA),
  E-mail:wangyi at tea.ac.cn