[R] odfWeave and xtable

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jan 13 15:14:54 CET 2008

宋时歌 wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I use Hmisc and Design in my research a lot, the LaTeX facilities are
> very handy. But I don't think they can work with OpenOffice document
> format (ODF), or did I miss something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shige

You're correct.  Conversion from LaTeX to OpenOffice or Word is
addressed at http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/SweaveConvert.  I have had
good success opening the output of tth in Firefox and copying and
pasting into OpenOffice, as this operation preserves all table and other
formatting.

When I wrote about latex(model fit) earlier I was referring to obtaining
the algebraic form of a fitted model, handling such things as restricted
cubic splines and factoring out variables in interaction terms.  The
latex methods in Design do not produce tables of coefficients and
standard errors.

Frank