[R] communicate from Rterm

stephen bond stenka1 at go.com
Fri Jan 11 15:18:49 CET 2008

Please, help with announcing an error from Rterm:

I am calling R from an Excel VBA and noticed that if there is an error
nothing conspicuous happens. I would like just a popup window when R
cannot finish cleanly. The "ret " value returned from Shell is useless
in determining what happened.

Thank you all.

*****************************
Public Sub Repo()
ds = InputBox("Type in reporting date as YYYY-MM-DD", "reporting
date")

''-----   weird way to pass the date argument as Windows won't
''-----   execute the command line directly, so I create a .bat

exestr = "Rterm --restore --save --args " & ds & " < m.in.R > out.txt"
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("rpcd.bat", True)
a.writeline (exestr)
a.Close

ret = Shell("rpcd.bat")
MsgBox ("wait for about 5 seconds as the script runs asynchronously")

End Sub

ds=commandArgs(T)[1]

ans=f.repo(ds)

q("yes")