[R] Plotting Long Time Series

Vishal Belsare vishal.belsare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:29:13 CET 2008

I have some time series data which I am interested in plotting. The
standard function for plotting ts, or zoo objects work fine, however,
I am curious about plotting long time series with a dynamic aspect
ratio. My point is this, say I have a time series of 4000
observations, so the image width is x units and height is y units. Now
after updating my data, my time series has 6000 observations. The way
plots happen are, the image fits to the screen, or a standard aspect
ratio I assume. Can I have the plot then change to 1.5x units wide and
y units high?

Perhaps a visual analogy would be: a electrocardiogram which prints
out of an ecg machine. the pulses are plotting on one damn long paper
:)

Vishal