[R] genetic algorithms in solving classification problems

Damian Krstajic dkrstajic at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:28:04 CET 2008

Hello,

I am planning to implement Genetic Algorithms in solving classification problems. As far as I can see there is only genalg package that I can use. I can see that there are gafit and rgenoud packages that can be used for regression and optimisation problems but not for classification. Is there any other R package that I can use?

Any ideas on how to implement GA in resolving classification problem without re-inventing a wheel would be much appreciated. I can see that there are some good stuff in C++ for matlab but am keen to do it in R.

Thanks.
Damjan Krstajic
Director
Research Centre for Cheminformatics