[R] Just Beginning

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 7 14:29:24 CET 2008

Dear John,

The first issue of R News had a very nice article by Brian Ripley on
accessing databases from R; you'll find it at
<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2001-1.pdf>. There's also a
section on databases in the R Data Import/Export manual, which comes with R.
BTW, I don't generally think of this as a topic for beginners, but I suppose
that if you have experience with mySQL you'll find it relatively
straightforward.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor