[R] Orientation of labels on axes

mika03 someone29_7 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 7 12:52:56 CET 2008

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14664173/at-modality.png

I created the above image with R and I have one problem left:

Some of the labels of the axes do not show up, probably because there's not
enough space.

I use the following code to create the plot:
modality <- read.table("results.table", header=TRUE, sep=",")
color <- c("red3","green3","blue3","orange2","purple2","brown4")
plot(modality, col=color)

>From the manual I though one of the following might help:
> plot(length, col=color, las=1)
> plot(length, col=color, las=2)
> plot(length, col=color, las=0)

This is supposed to change the orientation of the axis lables, I guess. But
it doesn't change the output a bit.

Does anyone know what to do?
(I am happy with almost any solution that makes the missing labels appear:
smaller fonts, rotating the labels etc.)

Cheers,
Michael