[R] rainbow function

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Jan 7 12:29:51 CET 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> rainbow() is great - for drawing rainbows - but the palettes from the
> RColorBrewer package are much better for statistical plots as someone
> else suggested. When I write code for plots I try and use RColorBrewer
> if it's there:

...additionally, there are some more flexible tools in package "vcd"
that can be used to generate qualitative, sequential and diverging
palettes. There is a recent report by Kurt, Paul and myself about the
ideas behind this:
  http://epub.wu-wien.ac.at/dyn/openURL?id=oai:epub.wu-wien.ac.at:epub-wu-01_c87