[R] datetime on x-axis of plot

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Feb 29 00:36:43 CET 2008

Is the date part of your data a POSIXct object?

If so,

   plot( myData[,1], myData[,2] )

will label the x axis with dates.

See the help pages for date-time class objects:
   ?POSIXt

(POSIXt includes both POSIXct and POSIXlt; I tend to prefer POSIXct
and find it the easier of the two to work with, overall)

-Don