[R] Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Thu Feb 28 10:50:36 CET 2008

On 2/28/2008 1:42 AM, Robert Kopp wrote:
> I am a beginner when it comes to using R, though fortunately I already know something about statistics. I think factor analysis should be used sparingly, but I occasionally use it. It doesn't seem to me that factanal() provides Kaiser's Measure of Sampling Adequacy, which should be computed for factor problems based on a small number of subjects, though perhaps it is elsewhere. Does anyone know? (Better yet, is there a complete list of procedures that can be performed by all available packages?)
>
> I have coded MSA in C++, so I could add it if it is not yet available. In that case I suppose I should find out how to submit it.

   See this post from the archives:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/106430.html

   which I found using RSiteSearch("Kaiser sampling adequacy").  I don't
know of a complete list of all procedures (functions) in all packages,
but, among other things, RSiteSearch() is very useful when the question
is, "Is there a package or function to do X?"