[R] How to read HUGE data sets?

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 06:08:39 CET 2008

Depending on how many rows you will delete, and if you know in advance
which ones they are, one approach is to use the "skip" argument of
read.table. If you only need a fraction of the total number of rows this
will save a lot of RAM.

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com