[R] Call for abstracts: Innovative Tools in Data Analysis (ERCIM08)

Bettina Gruen Bettina.Gruen at wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Feb 27 17:54:05 CET 2008

Dear useRs,

we are organizing the following session

Topic: Innovative Tools in Data Analysis
Organizers: Achim Zeileis and Bettina Gruen

at the

First Workshop of the ERCIM Working Group on Computing & Statistics
June 19-21, 2008 Neuchatel, Switzerland

To improve the quality of statistical data analysis the provision of
innovative tools which make new techniques readily available is
extremely important. In the session 'Innovative Tools for Data
Analysis' we are looking for presentations of tools which support any
area of data analysis and address techniques ranging from classical
methods and their extensions to machine learning.

Please consider giving a presentation on a flexible tool you have
implemented in R in our session. Submit your abstract via the web page
indicating our session name in the text field and let us also know
informally.

Deadline for early registration: March 3, 2008
Deadline for submission of abstracts: April 30, 2008

Kind regards,
Bettina and Achim

Bettina Grün
Department für Statistik und Mathematik