[R] missing packages from install

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 27 10:36:01 CET 2008

array chip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I install new packages from CRAN, I frequently
> find that some packages were missing from the download
> queue. For example, on one of my computer with R2.6.2,
> I can not find package glmpath from the download
> queue. On my other computer with R2.5.1, I could still
> find that particular package. What could be the reason
> for this? Is this computer related or R version
> related?

It is glmpath related. The package does not pass the checks under
R-2.6.x for Windows and hence we do not provide the binary.

> I downloaded the gz file for package glmpath into my
> local drive (Windows XP), how can I install it? I
> tried:
>
> install.packages('H:\\R\\glmpath_0.94.tar.gz')

In order to install a source package, please read the manual "R
Installation and Administration" on how to set up your environment to
install packages from source.

  Uwe Ligges