[R] How to include the documentation of a function in a Sweave document?

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Feb 25 18:16:02 CET 2008

Dear R-help,

I would like to include the documentation of an R function in an
*.rnw document processed by Sweave. Because I'm sharing my *.rnw
files with colleagues under Linux and Windows (I'm on Mac OS X),
I would like a pure R solution.

The naive approach doesn't work, because Sweaving this *.rnw
file:

-------- tmp.rnw --------
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
<<>>=
?plot
@
\end{document}
-------- tmp.rnw --------

yields the following LaTeX file on my platform (session info at the end):

-------- tmp.tex --------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/texmf/Sweave}
\begin{document}
\begin{Schunk}
\begin{Sinput}
>  `?`(plot)
\end{Sinput}
\end{Schunk}
\end{document}
-------- tmp.tex --------

in which no Soutput has been generated. Is it possible to redirect the
help output, in a platform-independent way, so that it is included in
the Soutput environment of the LaTeX file?

Best,

Jean

>  sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:

attached base packages:

[1] rcompgen_0.1-17

--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,