[R] running R as a web service

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sun Feb 24 18:56:35 CET 2008

Hi all,

As R is gaining space in our research group as language and environment
for statistical computing and graphics it will be really helpful to have
the option of using R as a web service.

We are currently using a collaborative edition wiki tool (XWiki) to
develop R code. And we can call this code with source() from any R
installation. But it will be great to be able to send this code to a web
service and get back just the result (textual or graphics).

Rserver seems to fit into this requirement. Please, could anybody using
any of this or other option share with us his/her experience? Is it
feasible to run such a service with the current R release? Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez