[R] Viable Approach to Parallel R?

Eric W Anderson Eric.Anderson at Colorado.EDU
Sat Feb 23 18:57:22 CET 2008

Hi Dan,

I've had pretty good luck using Snow with with Rpvm.  It's definitely
not what you'd call "plug and play," but it does work.  I'm using it on
a single computer to just take advantage of multiple processors, and it
does a pretty good job of keeping them busy.  The main gotchas I've
found with Snow are in data dissemination:  You may have to
clusterCall(cl, "require(foo)") or clusterExport(cl,bar) more things
than you would have expected.

-Eric

--
Eric W. Anderson                                   University of Colorado
eric.anderson at colorado.edu                      Dept. of Computer Science

                         PGP key fingerprints:
       personal: 1BD4 CFCE 8B59 8D6E EA3E  EBD5 4DC9 3E61 656C 462B
       academic: D3C5 D6FF EDED 9F1F C36D  53A3 74B7 53A6 3C74 5F12