[R] jpeg in batch mode

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 21 22:24:12 CET 2008

Hi.

I think the devices provided in 'Cairo' package solves your problem.

[ Alternatively you can use the bitmap() device which utilizes
Ghostscript to generate bitmap images.  In the 'R.utils' package there
are wrappers png2() and jpeg2() calling bitmap() but that imitates the
png() and jpeg() arguments.  However, I have found that Cairo is
better, faster and more generic than going via Ghostscript. ]

Also, you probably don't want to use JPEG to generate your graphs but
PNG.  The former is destructive and introduces funny-looking patterns
around lines and text etc.

Cheers

/Henrik