[R] R console closes on its own

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 21 03:25:39 CET 2008

On 20/02/2008 7:44 PM, Judith Flores wrote:
> Dear R-experts,
>
>    I am running a script that has the following
> structure:
>
> windows(height=5.5,width=8)
>
> dat<-read.csv("myfile.csv")
> names(dat)<-c('a','b','c','d')
> dat<-dat[,1:4]
>
> xyplot(dat$a~dat$b)
>

>    Then I usually save the plot as a PDF (from the
> menu in the R console). I can save the PDF twice in a
> row; but at the third time, right when I am about to
> give a name to the graph, R crashes, no error
> messages.
>
>   I am using R 2.6.2, for Windows. I copy the script
> from TinnR.
>
> Thank you in adavance for any help,

That sounds like a bug, in R or TinnR.  Can you reproduce the problem if
you don't use TinnR?  If so, could you send me a version of myfile.csv,
and I'll see if I can reproduce it and fix it.  (You might be able to
reproduce it without the read.csv() call, just by creating dat with fake
data, e.g. dat <- data.frame(a=1:10, b=1:10, c=1:10, d=1:10).

If the bug requires TinnR, then you should probably send details to its
maintainers.

Duncan Murdoch