[R] Overdispersion, AIC and mixed models

Julien Martin julien.martin2 at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 20 04:25:26 CET 2008

I want to do use AIC for model selection on mixed model. However, before
going deeper in the model selection, I want to assess is there is
overdispersion with the full model in order to decide if I should use QAIC
instead of AIC.

Is there a way to compute a chisquare goodness of fit test for mixed model
calculate the variance inflation factor (sensu Burnham and Anderson,

Or should I use another approach to evaluate overdispersion in mixed model?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.