[R] plotDensity

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:24:33 CET 2008

There is no plotDensity() function in 'limma', but plotDensities().

FYI, there are 1000+ CRAN packages, several hundred Bioconductor
packages, and probably another 1000 packages elsewhere, so please be
precise in order to avoid confusion (and time waste).  Take a minute
or two to read the following:

> > PLEASE do read the posting guide

The vertical scale for plotDensities() in limma gives you the density
at any position scaled such that integral (the area under the curve)
is one.  This is also true for plotDensity() in aroma.light
(Bioconductor), which explicitly says so in the vertical label.
They are both utilizing the density() function in the 'stats' package.
 See help(density) for more details.  Typically you don't interpret
the exact value at a particular position, but rather the relative area
under the curve for an interval of interest compared with another
interval of interest.

Hope this helps

Henrik