[R] Building a package and Depends search

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 15:00:38 CET 2008

Hello R experts

I am just learning how to build a package so this is probably a basic
question. I have read the manual( well, to be more truthful, am reading)
the manual, and I have searched the archives to the best of my ability.
I am on Windows.

When running the command "R CMD check packagename" I get this type of
error:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
  chron

I think this is because I install my packages in "mylibrary" and use
"R_LIBS=C:/PROGRA~1/R/mylibrary" in my Renviron.site file. If I move the
package to the R main library it fixes the problem. But rather defeats
the intention behind having a separate mylibrary.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this? That is keep my installed
packages in mylibrary but get the package check/build to work? I guess
Depends: has a search path but I cannot find it or how to alter it. Can
anybody point me to some documentation?

Thanks very much for any help.

Regards

John Seers

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  utils     methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] chron_2.3-20  limma_2.12.0  RWinEdt_1.7-9

---