[R] Custom Plot - means, SD & 5th-95th% (Plotmeans or Boxplot)?

Stropharia stevenworthington at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 03:17:36 CET 2008

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated:

I need to produce a custom plot i haven't come across in R. Basically, I
want to show means, 1st standard deviation and 5th and 95th percentiles
visually, using something resembling a boxplot. Is it possible to completely
customize a boxplot so that it shows means as the bar (instead of, not as
well as medians), standard deviations at the hinges (instead of IQR) and 5th
& 95th percentiles at the brackets? The plotmeans function (ggplots) allows
means to be plotted, but it seems only with confidence intervals, not 5th
and 95th percentiles, and also without hinges (for standard deviations).
I've searched the forums and various books and have drawn a blank on this.
Thanks.

Steve