[R] setting color ranges

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Feb 15 00:29:29 CET 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, samsr wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I need to plot a matrix using image() such that negative values are easily
> distinguishable from posittive values, while also maintaining a gradation in
> color with magnitude. How can I set ranges for colors in order to achieve
> this. Thanks.

Look at the function diverge_hcl() in package "vcd" which provides
diverging palettes. You can find several examples in
  example("diverge_hcl", package = "vcd")
  vignette("hcl-colors", package = "vcd")

Further background information is available in this technical report by
Kurt Hornik, Paul Murrell and me
  http://epub.wu-wien.ac.at/dyn/openURL?id=oai:epub.wu-wien.ac.at:epub-wu-01_c87

Best,