[R] R on Mac PRO does anyone have experience with R on such a platform ?

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:16:25 CET 2008

On 2008-February-11  , at 21:06 , Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> JiHO, in case you are not following TextMate's mailing list, you
> might want to check out Hans-Jorg Bibiko's work on Rdaemon:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/24195/
>
> It provides a lot of the terminal functionality within a TextMate
> window, uses X11 for the plots, and opens help files either in a
> browser or in a TextMate HTML window. It essentially runs an R
> process in the background, and communicates with it, so I'm not sure
> it would allow you to run R on a remote server. But I think it is
> worth checking out otherwise. Currently you have to install the
> bundles from the above link, but I'm hoping soon we'll be able to
> commit these bundles to TextMate's bundle repository.

That's sweet, particularly the new R bundle. I hope this will be
merged soon in the main bundles repository. I'm not sure about Rdeamon
since I have a pretty good workflow with a terminal (plus, I always
have one open for git related stuff anyway) and I never liked the
Rconsole thing.

For those wanting a powerful/easy to customize editor (for R or else)
but who feel a bit scared by Emacs, TextMate is really a worthy
alternative.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/