[R] Tinn-R not working well with latest R

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:23:55 CET 2008

Pending the solution of the problem I use tinn-R as follows.

1) I make none of the recommended additions to the Rprofile.site file
2) I start tinn-R from the desktop and then load an r-file from my
working directory.
3) I then start R from the  R| start preferred Rgui | menu in Tinn-R.
This has the effect of starting R in the work directory and any saved
data there will be loaded automatically.

I may be missing some functionality but I like the way it works.  As
far as I can see this is not documented.

I do occasionally have a problem which i can not replicate at will but
which occurs occasionally.  If I have the cursor in the middle of a
line containing an R command any attempt to insert some thing i=at the
cursor is inserted one character per line above the line that I am
amending.  For example If I try to change

x -> a + b + c+ d + e to
x -> a +  b123 + c + d + e

Tinn-R displays

1
2
3
x -> a +  b + c + d + e

with the cursor staying after the b

To recover close Tinn-R and restart and the problem vanishes.  Any suggestions

Best Regards

John