[R] Using R in a university course: dealing with proposal comments

bartjoosen bartjoosen at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:45:10 CET 2008

You can use a GUI to teach R, so the programming-style is gone.
But using the command line aproach, it forces you to think about your
analysis.
In an GUI, it's easy to point and click, without knowing what you are doing.
With the command line, you know where you start, and from there you go to
the next step, and so on.
I think you learn more this way.

And of course, its free, so if they are off school or somewhat further, at
work, they still have the possibility to use what they have learned (in
contrary of SPSS maybe).

Bart