[R] j and jcross queries

Robert Biddle robert_biddle at carleton.ca
Mon Feb 11 01:37:40 CET 2008

Hi:

I have a query related to the J and Jcross functions in the SpatStat
package.

I use J to finding indications of clustering in my data, and Jcross
to look for dependence between point patterns.

I use the envelope function to do Monte Carlo tests to look for
significance.

So far so good.

My question is how I can test to see if tests are significantly different.

For example, if find J of pattern X and J of pattern Y, how could I
determine
the liklihood that those results come from different processes?

Similarly, if I find J of marks X and Y, and X and Z, how could I
determine the liklihood
that Y and Z come from different processes?

I would appreciate advice.

Cheers

Robert Biddle