[R] [R-SIG-Finance] where do I find stochastic volatilities models in R or Matlab?

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Feb 8 14:46:56 CET 2008

Michael wrote:
> Okay I am ordering the book...
>
> Does anybody know any recent papers discussing about comparison about
> these SV estimation methods?

I don't have any paper references handy.  I know that Prof. Zivot has
some working papers on volatility modeling on his website at the
university of washington.  As I recall, at least one of them includes a
literature survey.

> Moreover, where do I find those source
> codes in public domain?

The code for the book "Bayesian Core" is here:

http://www.ceremade.dauphine.fr/~xian/BCS/

The code for Albert's "Bayesian Computation with R" is in the LearnBayes
package on CRAN.  Bayesian Core has a more in-depth discussion of
Bayesian models for SV.

Both books are well worth owning as references, even though the code is
available.

Regards,

   - Brian