[R] Mixed models quantile regression

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 6 14:45:20 CET 2008

There is no generally agreed upon notion of random effects for quantile
regression applications.   Insofar as one is willing to accept the
idea that
random effects are just "shrunken fixed effects" one can consider
similar
schemes in the QR context; one such is described in

“Quantile Regression for Longitudinal Data,” J. of Multivariate
Analysis,
(2004),  91, 74-89.

But there are many open questions,  so this is not for the faint hearted
and there is certainly no "official" code.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820