[R] How to search for packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Feb 4 19:17:40 CET 2008

On 4 February 2008 at 10:03, hadley wickham wrote:
| Before Christmas I started working on a solution for this -
| http://crantastic.org - a site for searching, reviewing and tagging R
| packages.  Unfortunately I've run out of steam lately (and the lack of
| a 64-bit ubuntu package for R means it's a bit out of date), but the

Err, that got fixed early (or mid-) January. See
   http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
and/or the README therein:

   UBUNTU PACKAGES FOR R

   R packages for Ubuntu on i386 and amd64 are available. The plans are to
   support at least the latest two Ubuntu releases and the latest LTS
   release. As of January 2008, these are Gutsy Gibbon (7.10), Feisty Fawn
   (7.04) and Dapper Drake (6.06), respectively.

Kudos goes to Vincent and Michael for their work on Ubuntu packages based on
our Debian packages.

Maybe that can help crantastic get back on track. If on the other hand the
dreadful winter sapped your energy, well then I'm out of options for help. :)

Dirk