[R] help on windows 32 compile... R-2.8.1

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Dec 30 23:23:43 CET 2008

On 30/12/2008 4:59 PM, James Yoo wrote:
> lemme clarify... the last line is:
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `inst/BasicClasses.R', needed by
> `<DIR>/R-2.8.1/library/methods/inst'.  Stop.
>
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM, James Yoo <james.yoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> I'm trying compile R-2.8.1.  I've got Rtools installed, paths setup, etc...
>> the compile progress up to a point and then complains:
>>
>>  ... DLL made
>>   installing DLL
>>   collecting R files
>>   preparing package methods for lazy loading
>>   dumping R code in package `methods'
>> initializing class and method definitions ...done
>> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `inst/BasicClasses.R', needed by
>> `<DIR>'.  Stop.
>>

>> any help would be appreciated.

I've never seen that particular error, but it smells like a problem with
your path:  if some R tool is supposed to return a directory name, but
yours returns <DIR>, you might see something like that.

If you need more help, please post more details:  what is your path,
where did you get the R sources, how are you starting the build?

Duncan Murdoch