[R] Hmisc labels and captions in latex.list()

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 16:09:24 CET 2008

Thanks, Dieter, for your response shown below.

library(Hmisc)
dfr <- data.frame(x=rnorm(20),y=sample(c('male','female'),20,TRUE))
cnt <- contents(dfr)
latex(cnt,label="tab:mytab",caption="This is a caption")

The problem is that I only want to display cnt[1] - I am simply making
a table that shows the structure of a dataframe, and I do not want the
variable levels from contents.
 > class(cnt)
[1] "contents.data.frame"
 > class(cnt[1])
[1] "list"

When I execute your example, it does work, but if I change it to
latex(cnt[1]...) then the caption and label do not work because
latex.list() is executed.

- Mike