[R] is rodbc truncating long strings...

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Tue Dec 30 00:11:31 CET 2008

I'm sorry to have to post a note here, but I can't seem to get around a
problem I'm having. I've got a database that contains fields (not memo
fields) that are very long strings and when I use RODBC, they get
truncated... which is bad... I can verify that all of the string is in
the database (visually), but can't figure out why strings over 600
characters seem to get truncated... I haven't been able to get around
this and can't seem to find out more than a couple of emails from 2006
on the subject.