[R] starting values update

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Dec 27 17:31:32 CET 2008

Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Nadine Mugusa wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> does anyone know how to automatically update starting values in R?
>
> See ?set.seed

Off target, Uwe. This was about starting values for a nonlinear fit.
More likely something about self-starting models is relevant here.
There's a chapter in the 2nd edition of my book, but it doesn't quite go
all the way to writing your own self-starting models. There's a brief
outline and an example in some oldish course slides here:

http://staff.pubhealth.ku.dk/~pd/pkpd2003/nls.pdf

(And please don't quote entire digests back to the list. It is
potentially explosive...)

-p