[R] problem installing R packages in Windows Vista

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 09:54:11 CET 2008

This is not a problem in R, but with Internet access from your system.
It is an FAQ, see
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#The-Internet-download-functions-fail_002e

Another possibility is to download the file
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.8/BRugs_0.4-2.zip
and use the menu item to install from a local zip file.

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008, norman Maiwashe wrote:

> ** High Priority **

Please make it a high priority to read the posting guide and rw-FAQ: see
the footer to this message.

> I have recently installed the R program in Windows Vista. However, I am
> experiencing problem installing some of the packages. Specifically, I
> wanted to install BRugs package running R as an administrator. I issued
> the following command in R and received the following error message.

I don't see an *error* message here.  (warning != error .)  It is warning
you of a problem on your machine or, possibly, the system you are
accessing.