[R] "Error: bad value" problem

Richard E. Chandler richard at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 13:44:48 CET 2008

>by Ben Bolker Dec 18, 2008; 01:36am :: Rate this Message:
>   I can get the errors to happen on Ubuntu 8.10 with R --vanilla
> (*without* valgrind) -- but editing momfit.r line 742 so that
> plot.progress=FALSE seems to make the problem go away.  (This was a
> lucky guess, it looked like there was something odd going on with the plots.)

Thanks for this. I can confirm that this appears to be correct
(although you don't need to edit momfit - just add
plot.progress=FALSE in the call to auto.fit() in ErrorDemo.r). As
Peter D says, it doesn't exactly help to *find* the problem, but it
does mean that my PhD student can continue with his work for the
moment without going back to Rv2.4.1!
With best wishes to all,
			Richard E. Chandler
Room 135, Dept of Statistical Science, University College London,
1-19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 1880		Fax: +44 (0)20 7383 4703

Internet: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/Stats       		(department)
           http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakarc	(personal)
email:    richard at stats.ucl.ac.uk