[R] X11 is not availble

Dennis Schmidt Dennis.Schmidt at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Dec 18 11:47:55 CET 2008

Hi there,

after several problems with installing R on a Debian server It now
finally works at least roughly. With roughly I mean that the 'core'
function do work properly, but I'm still having problems with the
image export. When I try to call

png(filename="my_file.png", width=800, height=300, pointsize=12, bg =
"white")

I just get the error message "X11 is not available". But I don't know
what packages (or symlinks???) could still be missing.
I've installed R using the latest 2.8.0 version from the server which
I could compile (after solving quite some different problems) normally.

I hope anyone can help me out, best wishes,

Dennis Schmidt