[R] Ploting 3D cylinder in RGL

megh megh700004 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 11:40:45 CET 2008

Dear all,

I would like to draw a 3-D horizontal cylinder preferably in RGL device
(because this gives the look from different angles). Basic idea is from
http://www.tau.ac.il/cc/pages/docs/sas8/insight/chap18/sect3.htm.

Below is the description exactly what I want to do.

Please see at figure 18.6, 1st plot. Here it is an confidence ellipsoid.
Suppose now you put another 4 same ellipsoids on top of each. Therefore you
would get a cylinder type 3-D picture vertically. I do not need to plot
indiv. points rather just ellipsoids. Also another vertical line which goes
through the mid-points (i.e. expectation of corresponding BVN).

Same thing I want to do horizontally. Can anyone please give some idea how I
can do it in RGL device?

Kind regards,