[R] Is = now the same as <- in assigning values

Petter Hedberg ekologkonsult at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:26:18 CET 2008

I´m a PhD student at the University of Warsaw, and have started using R.
In many books they specify to use <- instead of = when assigning
values, and this is also mentioned in older posts on the R website.

However, it seams to me that some update has occured, becuase I
continously get the same result wether I use <- or =.

I would be extremely helpful for any answer to this.
= seams more intuitive, so I assumed that an update had been made due
to popular demand and that was why I get the same output wether I use
<- or =.

Best regards,

Petter Hedberg