[R] Reading from Google Docs

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 23:32:33 CET 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Farrel Buchinsky wrote:

> I saw a thread from September 24 in which Duncan Temple Lang told us:
> - The package currently has no Rd files, but there is a brief "user's
> guide". The package is available from
>         http://www.omegahat.org/RGoogleDocs
>
> I could not find it by using Tinn-R or RGui's package install tool.
> Then when I went to the website I saw that package is only available
> as
> http://www.omegahat.org/RGoogleDocs/RGoogleDocs_0.1-0.tar.gz
>
> To my knowledge tar.gz is only for Linux. Does this mean that I cannot
> run it on a windows machine. Please tell me that there is a way to run
> it on a Windows machine.

Yes, you can install source packages on Windows: the R-admin manual gives
you a detailed guide to the tools that you will need to do so.  It even
tells you about an automated package building service you could try.
RGoogleDocs depends on RCurl and XML, both of which I provide Windows
binaries for (and are much trickier to install because of their external
software requirements).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk