[R] How to fetch specific part from a number of Text files?

megh megh700004 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 20:19:30 CET 2008

Thanks Charles for this reply. I have started according to your suggestion
and hopefully I can do it. In the mean time what I was thinking, instead of
calling my text files by their names, is there any mechanism to call them by
the order they are stored in that directory? Means, suppose, I have total
1000 text files in that directory and therefore I create a vector like
sel.no <- c(1:1000). Next I use the i-th element of the vector "sel.no" to
access the i-th file?

With regards,