[R] bayesm package not downloading via any mirror or repository

ekwaters ekwaters at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 9 01:23:31 CET 2008

I am a pretty new R user, I am running the latest linux version on xandros,
updated with some extra debian packages, and I also run the latest windows
version, but prefer linux.

I am having trouble downloading "bayesm", it won't do it all from any of the
sites on the web, I resorted to this one,
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/math/r-cran-bayesm. and got slightly
further, but I think it is still not recognising a mirror. THis is my error
message:

> install.packages("bayesm")
Warning in install.packages("bayesm") : argument 'lib' is missing: using
/usr/local/lib/R/site-library
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning in download.packages(unique(pkgs), destdir = tmpd, available =
available,  :
         no package 'bayesm' at the repositories

The package is certainly there.

It could be my version of linux, I know.

All I want to do is sample from a dirichlet prior, so I want rdirichlet and
ddirichlet commands basically. If anyone can help or suggest an alternate
package that would be great.