[R] Logical inconsistency

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sun Dec 7 19:41:16 CET 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Berwin A Turlach wrote:

> G'day Wacek,
>
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:49:24 +0100
> Wacek Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk at idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
>
> [....]
>>>
>>> Is this now supposed to be a "Radio Eriwan" joke?

[snip]

> Classical Radio Eriwan stuff, and I thought this class of jokes have
> died out.....

Evidently there are a few diehards still out there. From this

 	http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?t=55535

thread:

---

[Question:]    Can the gamma function be used in combinatorics?

[Answer:] As Radio Eriwan would have said "In principle, yes", because it
interpolates the factorial.

But what does it mean to throw a dice with pi sides sqrt(15) times ?

---

:-)

Chuck

[rest deleted]