[R] Sink does not send graphs to sink file

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Dec 5 18:45:43 CET 2008

Others mentioned Sweave, which is the best way to go if you have a planned set of routines to do.  If you are more just playing and want a transcript of what you are doing (unpreplanned) that includes graphics in the final version, then look at etxtStart from the TeachingDemos package.  You will need to postproccess the file using enscript (and optionally ps2pdf), but then you will end up with a file including both the text and the graphics.

Note: using the current version (new one due soon) with R2.8 generates some warnings that can be ignored.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center