[R] adding a new dataset to the default R distribution

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Wed Dec 3 11:29:13 CET 2008

Hi,
I am a student in archaeology with some interest in statistics and R.

Recently I've obtained the permission to distribute in the public domain
a small dataset (named "spearheads" with 40 obs. of  14 variables) that
was used in an introductory statistics book for archaeologists
(published in 1994).

I've rewritten most of the exercises of that book in R and made them
available at http://wiki.iosa.it/diggingnumbers:start along with the
original dataset, but I was wondering if there is a standard procedure
for getting a new dataset included in the default R distribution, like
"cars" and others.

Please add me to CC if replying because I'm not subscribed to the list.

Best regards,
Stefano

--
Stefano Costa