[R] for loop looking for file names

Steven Kennedy SKennedy at cochlear.com
Tue Dec 2 22:11:01 CET 2008

I have a series of csv files in several folders. All begin with a 7 digit
number and end with the letter "E" (eg. 0726016E.csv).

I want to be able to read a file in to R, take some of the data out of it
and store it in a matrix, then move on to the next file and do the same
thing.

I was planning on using a for loop for the digits at the start of the file
name, but I'm not sure how I can append the letter to the end of the number
string.

I'm also open to any ideas other than the for loop.

Thanks,
Steven Kennedy

"The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential information, and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return email and delete the original message."