[R] gretl Conference, Bilbao 2009

Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza ignacio.diaz-emparanza at ehu.es
Mon Dec 1 16:07:13 CET 2008

Dear r-help moderators:

If you consider (as I hope) this message is not totally off-topic ¿could you
please, redistribute to the r-help list?

Thank you.

---------

Gretl (GNU Regression, Economestrics and Time Series Library) is a
cross-platform software package for econometric analysis, written in the C
programming language. It is is free, open-source software with GNU GPL
License. Allin Cottrell started the development of Gretl in 2001, so it is a
very young package. The relationship between Gretl and R is very strong,
specially after the developments made in the last year, which allows R
scripts being executed from inside gretl scripts, and passing data from gretl
to R and viceversa.

The gretl user community has been growing slowly but constantly over these
years so we noticed that we need a first reunion of users. This has been
organized as a scientific congress so, apart from the invited sessions, there
will be sessions with contributed papers, subject to a review process.

GRETL CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT

The gretl Development Team, the Econometrics Research Group (University of the
Basque Country, UPV/EHU) and the Faculty of Economics and Business (UPV/EHU),
are happy to announce a call for papers for the Gretl Conference to be held
in Bilbao (Spain) on may 28-29, 2009.

The organizers are glad to announce that Professor D. Stephen G. Pollock,
University of Leicester, has agreed to participate in the conference as a
keynote speaker.

We encourage everybody willing to support and spread the use
of open-source econometric and statistic software to take part in this
conference, especially if you are interested in:

- Teaching econometrics and statistics using free software
- Implementation of some econometric techniques in gretl
- Methodological papers with a strong computational emphasis
- Applications using gretl
- Developing gretl

    Ideally, submitted papers should be done with gretl but papers con-
taining statistical and econometric applications done in any other pack-
age, could be acceptable provided that the paper or the discussion con-
tains a section on what gretl lacks to do the same. Submissions for oral
and poster presentations are accepted.

Important dates:

Submission Deadline: January 15, 2009
Notification to Authors: February 27, 2009
Early Registration Deadline: April 18, 2009
Conference: May 28-29, 2009

You will find all the information about this conference in:

http://www.gretlconference.org

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)