[R] [R-pkgs] filehash 2.0

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Thu Aug 28 04:35:24 CEST 2008

I have just uploaded to CRAN version 2.0 of the 'filehash' package.
This version contains a major rewriting of many of the internals (much
rewritten in C) for the DB1 format, which is the default.  This
development has lead to better file locking for concurrent access and
faster reading and writing of data in general.

In addition to rewriting the internals, I have added two modules for a
stack and queue data structure, implemented using 'filehash'
databases.  These are mostly for my own amusement, but perhaps you
will find them useful also.

For users of the 'filehash' package I would appreciate any general
comments as well as any bug reports, particularly considering the
number of changes that were made to the internals this time around.

-roger

--
Roger D. Peng | http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/