[R] How to run a model 1000 times, while saving coefficients each time?

Mark Na mtb954 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:45:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

We have written a program (below) to model the effect of a covariate on
observed values of a response variable (using only 80% of the rows in
our dataframe) and then use that model to calculate predicted values for
the remaining 20% of the rows. Then, we compare the observed vs.
predicted values using a linear model and inspect that model's
coefficients and its R2 value.

We wish to run this program 1000 times, and to save the coefficients and
R2 values into a separate dataframe called results.

We have a looping structure (also below) but we do not know how to save
the coefficients and R2 values. We are missing some code (indicated)

Thanks,

library(sampling)

mall<-read.csv("mall.csv")

for (j in 1:1000) {

s<-srswor(2840,3550)
mall80<-mall[s==1,]
mall20<-mall[s==0,]
model1<-lm(count~habitat,data=mall80)
summary(model1)
mall20$predicted<-predict(model1,newdata=mall20)
model2<-lm(count~predicted,data=mall20)

MISSING CODE: SAVE MODEL COEFFICIENTS AND R2 VALUE TO A DATAFRAME CALLED
RESULTS

}